Rock Paper Scissors – this all too popular game finds a top spot in the list of intriguing hand games. If you have ever needed help making a small decision like who gets the last piece of pizza, then you are likely familiar with the game. An interesting fact about the game is that many authors have found a way to incorporate it into literature. And a result, we can find several Rock Paper Scissors quotes. After all, if other aspects of life could have quotes, then why not the game of Rock Paper Scissors? This article brings you some Rock Paper Scissors quotes that you would love. While some of them may seem funny, many are not only fascinating but also meaningful.
Interesting Rock Paper Scissors Quotes
Listed here are some quotes regarding the commonplace yet controversial game of Rock Paper Scissors. You will also find the possible meanings of many of these quotes below.
- “Authentic kindness has a power greater than rock, paper, and scissors combined.” — Toni Sorenson.
- “At 5.45 a.m. the important scientists finished their coffee and played Rock Paper Scissors to see who had to phone the government.” — Mitch Benn.
Interpretation: This quote highlights the action and tension behind the scenes of many scientific and technological innovations. It also shows that Rock Paper Scissors can influence even decisions surrounding crucial issues.
- “Rock Paper Scissors is the story of two friends, a murder and a revenge.”
Interpretation: The intriguing quote of uncertain origin attempts an alternative explanation of the game. A viral meme associated with the quote illustrates the point. In the picture, paper and rock are portrayed as friends (paper covers rock – two friends). Scissors then cut paper – a murder. And revenge follows as rock smashes scissors in retaliation for the murder of its friend. This is perhaps the best interpretation of the moves in Rock Paper Scissors.
- “Jealousy always trumps schadenfreude! It’s a rule from the heartbreak version of ‘rock, paper, scissors.’” — Julie Klausner.
Interpretation: Rock overpowers scissors, which beats paper, and in turn, paper beats rock. In the same vein, jealousy supersedes the enjoyment of another’s misfortune – schadenfreude. After all, jealousy is where it begins.
- “It’s very simple. Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and it always has, rock crushes scissors.”
Interpretation: This quote explains Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock. If you need to steer away from a conversation while talking with friends, quoting this might come in handy. (You do not have to say the entire quote; they are likely to stop you before you even go halfway. But at least it would pass the message.)
- “Three has always been my favorite number. Three books in a trilogy. Three sheets to the wind. They say the third time is the charm. Three strikes and you’re out. Rock, paper, scissors… Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice… the good, the bad, and the ugly… need I go on? Hell, there are three good Star Wars movies. I’ll leave it up to you to figure out which ones I’m talking about. They say deaths come in threes, too.” — J.M. Darhower
Interpretation: The presence of three elements (and not another number – five or eight, for example) in Rock Paper Scissors gives it a certain rhythm that many appreciate.
- “We breathe and breathe and breathe together. She takes my hand and I think how otters sleep floating on their backs in water, holding hands exactly like this, so they don’t drift apart in the night. After a while, she picks up her fist. I do the same.
“Yes!” she cries. “We still got it, yes we do!” ” — Jandy Nelson
Interpretation: This Rock Paper Scissors quote from the author of I’ll Give You The Sun, Jandy Nelson, shows the synchronization of minds that could exist between two people, especially lovers.
- “I’m still going to love you, always. And in the rock-paper-scissors of life, love is rock. Fear, anger, everything else … no contest.” – Sara Zarr
Interpretation: Love surpasses a lot of things.
- “Instead of Rock, Paper, Scissors, you could play Brick, Blanket, Action Fingers, in which brick cripples action fingers, blanket smothers brick and action fingers beats blanket.” — Nicole McKay
Interpretation: There are many variations of Rock Paper Scissors. Tweak it as you like.
- “Their version of rock-paper-scissors was elephant – fist, mouse – palm, and ant – little finger. The elephant crushed the mouse, the mouse squashed the ant, and the ant crawled up the elephant’s trunk and paralyzed his brain.” — Colin Cotterill
Interpretation: Like the previous quote, this one from Colin Cotterill proves that Rock Paper Scissors is very versatile.
- “Let us settle this like adults – Rock, Paper, Scissors!” – Anonym.
Interpretation: This quote is another proof that Rock Paper Scissors is not a kids-only exercise. Wrapped in humor, the quote contains nothing less than the truth – Rock Paper Scissors is a game for all. Since the quote is easy to remember, funny, and relatable, you can use it whenever there is something to settle with a friend or relative. For instance, after a long dispute on who should take out the trash, you could drop your very adult quote; “Let’s settle this like adults – Rock, Paper, …”
- “If any game had to be crowned the international time pass game, it would surely be this one.”
Interpretation: We agree with this quote of unknown origin. Rock Paper Scissors sure deserves some recognition.
Final Thoughts on Rock Paper Scissors Quotes
The quotes in this article show several facets of the Rock Paper Scissors game. You may use any of these quotes with your friends but of course, be sure to tell them where it originates from. Or you may even come up with a witty or funny quote of your own! An unexpected Rock Paper Scissors quote would surely add spice to the conversation and bring a smile to their faces. Who knows, if it is good enough, then it could become an inside joke of your circle.